Friday, September 18, 2009

That pinchy feeling -kirsty


There are little monsters in my guts that won't stop biting.
Sometimes I feel like my intestines have hardened and have become crispy, like snake skin.

My biggest fear is someday hearing my belly pop open. Just split apart, making a sound like hitting a pillow with your fist. I would look down and see that my insides are a moldy greyish purple and covered with dust, a ton of dust. I would look around and make sure it didn't get on anyone. My fingers would make a pinching motion and pick up a piece of leathery organ that doesn't look like an organ any more. Crusty, dry, wearing a cloak of cobwebs, it would look like a piece of dust covered beef jerky.
I usually imagine this happening on the bus.
If stood up, would all of the dust fall out? Do I need it in there? Will I be able to sew my belly up or will it just peel away like soft cardboard?
That's when I put a hand on my stomach, and it's warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment